Monday, October 10, 2011

so come on, steal me

So we did it! We got married. Despite the 40 degree weather, it was an absolutely perfect day, with all of our friends and family present. I don't think we could have asked for anything more. Surprisingly my favorite part of the whole day was the ceremony which is what I was most nervous for. It was personal, and it felt like we were the only one's up there. I remember it all, the whole day, every minute of it. It wasn't a blur, it was full of friends and family, and although I know we didn't get to spend nearly enough time with each and every one of them.....it makes me smile to realize they got to spend that time with each other. We had guests travel from Montana, Washington, North Carolina, Colorado, and many other places-and I hope they all know how much it meant to us for them to all be there!

The week after the wedding I took vacation. Heath was off until Thursday, and we were reminded of why we got married. We had a blast spending time together, filling our days with mini road trips, cooking, and just being care free and happy. It was the first time in a while that neither of us had to worry about work or school, and it was nice to be reminded of how that felt. Next up on the agenda? Get back to that more often, find a job that doesn't come home with me. I know that the possibility of me finding 'that' job, the job that makes you smile and feel like you're doing good is small, but I want to find one that makes me want to do that good when I get home. The one that doesn't fill me with dread to go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment